Introduction to Aquamarine
Aquamarine is one of the subspecies of beryl and is the most popular bright blue gem. The iron content in the crystal structure determines its color depth, which can vary from near colorless to deep sea blue-green. High-grade aquamarine is sometimes imitated by other similar varieties, including imitations such as blue topaz, blue glass, or low-grade aquamarine that is heated to change the color. Aquamarine is produced in slow-forming magmatic rocks such as granite pegmatites. The most famous producing areas are Brazil and Pakistan.
Chemical formula: Be3Al2Si6O18
Color: colorless, light blue to blue green
Luster: glass luster
Crystal system: hexagonal crystal system
Identification and Maintenance of Aquamarine
- Aquamarine can form pencil-shaped hexagonal columnar crystals.
- The aquamarine used in jewelry has a very clear color grade, and the greenish price is not so expensive.
- The rounded aquamarine rough is very pure, ranging in color from blue with a little milky white to porcelain green with pearl luster.
- The parallel stripes in the aquamarine will glow and make the blue look deeper.
- Aquamarine crystals have dichroism. From a certain angle, the color will be lighter than other angles.
- The top of the aquamarine crystal is either flat or a faceted dome.
Aquamarine Crystal meaning
- Free from harm
- Start a safe journey, especially at sea
Healing Function of Aquamarine
- Strengthen the immune system, balance the thymus and throat chakra points
- Clear the dull emotions
- Encourage optimism Let ideas express creatively
- Encourage special skills
- Helping to find inspiration and make imagination flow, usually can bring actual output.
How to Use Aquamarine Crystal
When your energy level is low and infectious diseases are prevalent, wear an aquamarine pendant between your throat and heart chakra.
An array of aquamarine and pink crystal cloth can calm and soothe the mood on all levels.
Blue Topaz: A metallic color with a greater specific gravity and a more bright color.
Siberian crystal: no inclusions and dichroism.
Aqua Crystal: White crystal with color change, rainbow color.