Bloodstone Meaning and Healing Properties
Introduction to Bloodstone
The name Bloodstone is easily misleading. It sounds like it is very different from other spars in the quartz family. Bloodstones are essentially red-brown or yellow spots produced by iron oxide in green jasper. However, this subtle change greatly extends its healing properties. The same good bloodstone specimen (the kind with clear blood red spots on a dark green background) is also a popular carving material.
Chemical Formula: SiO2
Color: red, brown or yellow spots in green.
Luster: glass luster
Crystal System: Trigonal crystal system
Identification and Maintenance of Bloodstone
High-quality bloodstones are usually only seen in the jewelry and jade trade, and some of the lower-level bloodstones are easier to obtain.
Bloodstone Crystal Meaning
- Provide protection to the body’s energy damage
- Helps increase world influence and prestige
- Traditionally considered as a warrior stone, it is associated with healing wounds and hemostasis, and is affected by fire energy
Bloodstone Healing Function
- Stimulate the body system, especially the blood circulation system.
- Provides energy balance to the heart chakra points and root chakra points
- Provide motivation and support
- There are special uses that encourage insight to support skills
- Bring strength and health
How to Use Bloodstone Crystal
- Large blood stones are very useful for meditation and other spiritual practices. It can promote the flow of energy and strengthen individual consciousness.
- Use five bloodstones: one near the bottom of the spine, one between the heart chakra point and the throat chakra point (thymus area), one on the forehead, and one on each side of the head near the ears to increase strength, determination and vitality.
The green jasper and bloodstone are basically the same in composition, but there are no blood-red patches.