Smoky Quartz Meaning and Healing Properties
Introduction to Smoky Quartz
Smoky quartz can be found in areas with granite, usually in mountainous or volcanic areas. The smoky black color of the crystal is believed to be caused by the radioactive decay of nearby minerals. In terms of healing, the effect of smoky crystal is milder than that of white crystal, so that it will not over-stimulate sensitive people. There are as many kinds of smoky quartz and mood changes as its color changes. He can feel radiant, fascinating, sturdy, simple and mysterious. With its perfect black crystal face, it calmly attracts attention that is difficult to obtain by the brightness of the white crystal reflection. Through the smoky quartz we can feel the depth of space, the potential of new creation and the memory of history.
Chemical Formula: SiO2
Color: smoky brown to brown black
Luster: glass luster
Crystal System: Trigonal crystal system
Identification and Maintenance of Smoky Quartz
- The smoky quartz sold in many shops are artificially colored by white crystals, but its use is the same as natural crystals.
- Smoky quartz is a dark black variant of smoky quartz.
- The yellow-brown crystal variant found in the Cairngorms Mountains in Scotland is called Scottish Smoky Quartz
Smoky Quartz Crystal Meaning
- Energy concentration (Clear Quartz is expansion energy)
- Provide a meditation focus
Smoky Quartz Healing Function
- Calm down and concentrate on
- Be grounded gradually
How to Use Smoky Quartz Crystal
- Hold the clear quartz in one hand and the smoky quartz in the other, balance the absorption and transmission of energy, and try to find a place to rest and excite yourself.
- Place 12 smoky quartz evenly around yourself, with the pointed ends facing outwards, for energy healing and purification. Lie on the orange fabric to deepen the experience.
- Citrine is similar to a whitish variant of smoky quartz.
- Apache tears, a subspecies of obsidian, look almost like smoky quartz.