Sodalite Meaning and Healing Properties
Introduction to Sodalite
Sodalite is usually a beautiful gem blue mixed with many whites. This is actually its false color. The color of sodalite is caused by the impurities it contains. Sodalite has many colors such as blue, green, yellow, pink, white and gray. Sodalite is produced in magmatic rocks and is often associated with lapis lazuli. Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Greenland and other places are also its main producing areas. In terms of crystal healing, it has a special effect on the energy balance and stability of all levels of the human body.
Chemical Formula: Na4Al3Si3O12Cl
Color: usually blue with white veins
Luster: glass luster to grease luster
Crystal System: equiaxed crystal system
Identification and Maintenance of Sodalite
- The crystal form of sodalite is rhombohedral dodecahedron, but what we can usually see is a block without crystal form.
- When cut and polished, sodalite is difficult to distinguish from lapis lazuli.
Sodalite Crystal Meaning
- Improve communication with others
- Help remote information transfer quality
Sodalite Healing Function
- Purify the lymphatic system and strengthen the immune system
- Stabilize mood
- Lucid consciousness
- Expanding consciousness in meditation
- Encourage peace and satisfaction
How to Use Sodalite Crystal
- Putting sodalite on the forehead, throat chakra and sacral chakra can eliminate the blockage of the inner subconscious mind.
- Putting Herkimon crystal on the forehead, sodalite on the throat, and carnelian on the sacral chakra can alleviate fear and inner conflict.
- Putting sodalite and malachite together, placed on the problematic area, or on the throat and heart chakra points, can relieve long-term discomfort in a certain area.
- Lapis lazuli has a darker bright blue color and contains some white areas, while non-sodalite has some vein-like white stripes; and lapis lazuli often contains pyrite, which sodalite does not.
- Blue line stone is a relatively rigid purple-blue stone with some spots.